Nov 27, 2023
Episode 308 Show Notes
Topic of the show: Tricky Go-Arounds by Patron Oscar Golf: A completely made up, fictitious event having no connection to any real events that ever happened before. . . .AG and RH discuss a squeeze play that went terribly wrong resulting in a double go around and at least one pilot responding...
Nov 20, 2023
Episode 307 Show Notes
Topic of the show: More Feedback!
1. Patron BY discusses a proposed FAR for OB Listeners
2. Patron MTW talks about glider ops near the Triad
1. Patron SE discusses a great technique using contact approaches.
2. Patron BE gives us...
Nov 13, 2023
Episode 306 Show Notes
Topic of the show: On this week’s show, we discuss controller’s favorite approach: the contact approach! Why does this procedure confuse controllers when it’s actually very simple? What can you expect when you request this rarely used procedure? We also discuss STARs, “I love ATC”,...
Nov 6, 2023
Episode 305 Show Notes
Topic of the show: Simultaneous IFR approaches to non-towered airports.
1. Frozen North Center controller on VFR release of IFR and more.
2. Patron JP on VFR release of IFR departures.
3. Congrats on 305 episodes.
1. Modest deviations on IFR FP by Patron EL
Oct 30, 2023
Episode 304 Show Notes
Topic of the show: On this week’s show, AG and RH get into the details of a rare type of approach clearance. What would we do as pilots if we received this clearance? How would we issue the clearance as controllers? And is there a regulation to establish an argument that it’s not only...