Jun 24, 2019
Episode 78 Show Notes
Topic of the show: What is the best way to accomplish practice approaches? AG and RH discuss what works in the TRIAD airspace and list 5 tips/tricks on how to accomplish the training mission in your home airspace.
1. MSM sent in his favorite twin: The PA23 Apache. Thanks, MSM from Australia!
2. NW has a question about practice approaches. Show topic maker!
3. PATRON Mike Delta sent in audio about Canadian callsigns and drone activity. Be safe and play by the rules. Check out this site to learn more. Thank you!
1. BL asks about scratch pad usage on data blocks.
2. JS has a backlog of questions from binge listening.
3. Patron Delta Mike Guy Named After a Texas Town sent in audio about types and levels of facilities.
4. Patron Delta Mike asked about VFR vs IFR into a busy Class C and canceling IFR inside Class Bravo airspace.
5. CT asks about a “Clearance Limit” labeled on an arrival into EDHL (Luebeck, Germany) airport.
6. DA has a question about LOAs/SOPs and how we handle intra-facility coordination.
Keep the feedback coming, it drives the show! Don’t be shy, use
the “Send Audio to AG and RH” button on the website and record an
audio message. Or you can send us comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find us on twitter @opposing_bases.
Music by audionautix.com.
The hosts of Opposing Bases Air Traffic Talk podcast are speaking on behalf of Opposing Bases, LLC. Opposing Bases, LLC does not represent the Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Transportation, or the National Air Traffic Controllers Association. All opinions expressed in the show are for entertainment purposes only. There is no nexus between Opposing Bases, LLC and the FAA or NATCA. All episodes are the property of Opposing Bases, LLC and shall not be recorded or transcribed without express written consent. For official guidance on laws and regulations, refer to your local Flight Standards District Office or Certified Flight Instructor. Opposing Bases, LLC offers this podcast to promote aviation safety and enhance the knowledge of its listeners but makes no guarantees to listeners regarding accuracy or legal applications.