Aug 19, 2019
Episode 86 Show Notes
Topic of the show: AG and RH start talking about Chicago area flying with a focus on VFR flying in the area. What should every general aviation pilot know before flying in the Chicago area? Find out on this episode. A special thanks to “MDW”, a controller at Chicago Tracon for all your help! We will continue our Chicago series next week with a focus on IFR flights.
1. SUPREME GALACTIC AVIATION COMMANDER Mike Golf sent in a link to his latest VLOG about one of his legs to AirVenture and he breaks down ATC with great audio, drawings, maps, and narrative. Great work, MG! Thank you for your continued support of the show!
2. PATRON Delta Charlie asks about the dreaded phone number and follow up.
3. PATRON Foxtrot Foxtrot sends in his ARTCC perspective on trail blazing.
4. Juliet Delta sent in audio feedback and questions about our displays.
5. PATRON Delta Mike Guy Named After a Texas town sent in AirVenture feedback!
6. Mike Victor Romeo sent in feedback about AirVenture.
7. Show Supporter Charlie Kilo sent in information about Tower En Route Control.
Thank you, everyone!
1. Alpha Charlie sent in some feedback about the show.
2. Controller Vlad asks us for guidance on OJTI preparation and training tools.
Question of the Week/Month
Next week we will follow up the Chicago episode with discussions about IFR routing, altitude selection, navigation around the ORD/MDW finals and departures. Do you have any questions about the area. Send them in now.
Have a great week and thanks for listening! Visit our website at OpposingBases.com or find us on Twitter @Opposing_Bases.
Send Feedback or Questions directly to our inbox using Feedback@opposingbases.com
Legal Notice: The hosts of Opposing Bases Air Traffic Talk podcast are speaking on behalf of Opposing Bases, LLC. Opposing Bases, LLC does not represent the Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Transportation, or the National Air Traffic Controllers Association. All opinions expressed in the show are for entertainment purposes only. There is no nexus between Opposing Bases, LLC and the FAA or NATCA. All episodes are the property of Opposing Bases, LLC and shall not be recorded or transcribed without express written consent. For official guidance on laws and regulations, refer to your local Flight Standards District Office or Certified Flight Instructor. Opposing Bases, LLC offers this podcast to promote aviation safety and enhance the knowledge of its listeners but makes no guarantees to listeners regarding accuracy or legal applications.